Food supplement for dogs containing fish oil
K9 Omega is one of the highest quality fish oil supplements for dogs available today. The high purity and concentrated blend of omega 3 and omega 6 (1:1.5) fatty acids, tailored to the needs of dogs, helps, among other things, cell regeneration during cancer treatment .
The complex ingredients of the supplement are extracted from several types of cold-water fish, anchovies, mackerel and sardines. Unlike human products, it does not contain any flavourings or additives, as the strong smell of fish, which is almost smelly to us, is a favourite of dogs and therefore easy to administer.
The physiological effects of K9 Omega fish oil on dogs
Fish oil has long been used to
- reduce irritation caused by allergies,
- to protect the health of the skin,
- and to improve the condition of the coat.
However, the latest studies show that our pet's diet, supplemented with the right amount and quality of omega 3 and omega 6 unsaturated fatty acids, has additional positive health effects, such as:
- Reduces inflammation, prevents the formation of certain chemical inflammatory substances
- Improves oxygenation of the brain (especially in older animals) and improves the performance of sporting dogs with active lifestyles
- Improves the learning ability of puppies
- Supports the cardiovascular system
- Csökkenti a triglicerid szintet
- Increases the lifespan of healthy cells
- Supports healthy cell regeneration
- Supports cancer treatment
The relationship between K9 Omega™ and cancer treatment
Studies show that a diet high in pure fish oil can help prevent the development of various human cancers, such as breast, colon, and lung cancer.
However, K9 Omega fish oil can be a significant help not only in prevention but also in cancer treatment.
- Slower tumor growth and spread
Several international studies show that fish oil slows tumour growth  and inhibits metastasis . Both effects significantly improve the response of dogs to cancer treatment.
- It helps to maintain body and muscle mass
Unfortunately, in many cases, it is not the tumour that is the direct cause of death, but the malnutrition and "wasting away" caused by it, known as cachexia. Researchers observed that animals with tumors kept on a high-omega diet lost significantly less weight than their normally fed counterparts. Thus, of course, more muscle mass remained on them . Preserving body and muscle mass and avoiding cachexia can significantly improve the dog's chances of survival.
- Improves the effectiveness of chemotherapy
Another study found that patients on a diet with added fish oil responded better to chemotherapy treatment. Researchers have also found that fish oil diets also protect animals against toxins in chemotherapy drugs .
Its application to indications is based on many years of experience, but results cannot be guaranteed and may vary from individual to individual.